Giant Media is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us expand our product line. You will be part of a team building web apps and backend services that scale to hundreds of millions of users. You will help us solve big data challenges by building better ways for us to gather, process and present data quickly and efficiently.
You will be expected to operate as a full stack engineer. Many of the tools and products you will be working on track social engagement for video content on the web. You will be building machine learning algorithms for some of our existing products as well. Our stack is Linux (AWS), Nginx, MySQL, and Python.
- Lead small teams and bring projects from inception to completion.
- Design software architecture for optimal performance and scalability.
- Build, test, release, and maintain internal tools for employees.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems.
- Prototype and develop high-volume web apps that reach mobile and desktop.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, all-around team player.
- Substantial experience with MySQL or other relational database engines, NoSQL solutions a plus.
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development with a strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling.
- Solid understanding of managing a large codebase. Revision control with Git.
- Linux systems administration, AWS a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Full health, dental and vision benefits
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and drinks
- Work with the team in our sunny Abbot Kinney office in Venice, CA